Meet Vinnie Carbone


Being the third generation and having the opportunity to carry on Carbone's reputation and traditions, I have the pleasure of telling you what a unique and wonderful experience this is. Although, admittedly, I do have some large shoes to fill.

I
was first initiated into the realm of Carbone's as a small Child. The restaurant was closed on Sundays, so after church my father, grandfather, and uncles would take the children to the restaurant to give our mothers a little break. The men folk would meet to talk business and to make us special snacks. My favorite was always the leftover sour dough bread turned into pizzas - something we call bruschetta. After a short business discussion, my grandfather would take us on an imaginary space ship ride from his control panel at the cappuccino machine. On these space voyages we would always find hidden treasures, usually loose change mysteriously placed under the dining booths. Hide and seek with my cousins was another favorite pastime at these gatherings.

A
s a teenager I was keenly aware that I was part of something special. My father, Guy, and his brother Carl were about to transform this neighborhood family restaurant into a fine-dining establishment. They wanted sophistication and comfort to blend with a customer serve level that was on par with none. The customers were to be treated like our family. This was not an easy task, but determination abounds in our family and the dream became a reality.

I
have met many wonderful people by being in this business. They include everyone from our valued patrons to our loyal staff. The best introduction I ever received, however, was the one to my wife, Olivia. There are so many stories to tell, and I am always amazed to hear new ones from customers who remember my grandfather Charlie, Uncle Tony, and Guy and Carl. I look forward to continuing the traditions as well as to improving the legacy of a true American Dream - Carbone's Restaurant.

- Vinnie Carbone

2 comments:

  1. hi uncle vinne this is joseph some real words of wisdom there haha i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom and Dad went there on Sat evening
    for the first time. A beautiful decor/and inside. Service, HORRIBLE
    Took way too long to get served. and different waitresses and waiters were bringing our stuff to the table. When food arrived,
    was not hot. Waited for bread. took a long time
    Food was RUN OF THE MILL
    and some items on internet menu were n ot on regular menu. SMALL PORTIONS FOR THE PRICE
    Very very very upset. it was a special night for them, and they were not happy
    EXPENSIVE compared to portions given.

    WILL NOT EVER return
    very unhappy customers
    Turned out to be a horrible Birthday Dinner

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a message. We'd love to hear from you!